Some days ago, Google announced on their home page a new project, the Project 10100. They collect ideas and will honor the idea that will help the most people. Practically, this means that the five best ideas are sponsored with 2 million USD on average, to be executed. So to win this contest, I though about how to help basically all the people in the world, that way taking Google’s approach to the extreme. If you have only 2 million USD for that, it’s a big task to help ALL humans, and substantially, of course … but it might be done, if we don’t cure effects, but causes of human problems. Man, I’m an utopist beyond measure today … you might smile at the ideas, it’s granted to you 😉 Here goes the idea I sent to Google’s Project 10100 some minutes ago:
10. What one sentence best describes your idea? (maximum 150 characters)
As all human problems are due to misprogramming of the brain, their solution must start by managing the brain content.
11. Describe your idea in more depth. (maximum 300 words)
Comparing “successful” times and times of society deterioration (e.g. in Germany 1955 vs. today) makes it apparent that the deterioration of values, morals, goals and maxims of action (here called: brain programming) is resp. must be the cause.
Of course, the development of societies is complex (i.e. feedback-driven), but still, result and feedback are mainly determined by brain programming.
All other problems are secondary: the world is not scarce on resources, the people in it are wasteful in handling them. And they are wasteful because they want to be (it’s determined by their values). Also, wars and hatred come initially from wrong human behavior that was determined by the programming of the brain. This programming is (for the most part) acquired through life … .
The idea is now, that we need to find the kind of brain programming where societies can build upon and where the world can survive with. If this is found, we need a scientifically proven system how to implement this in people (new and old ones). This requires intense research, as the public school system is in no way sufficient for that job.
12. What problem or issue does your idea address? (maximum 150 words)
Psychologic dysfunctionality, defined as bain programming whereupon societies and the world can never flourish.
13. If your idea were to become a reality, who would benefit the most and how? (maximum 150 words)
The upcoming generation in the whole world, more precisely: people before their adolescence, the younger the better, because it’s easy for them to acquire correct brain programming, as new programs must not fight through a conflict with old ones to get in place. Additionally, all future generations, as the good brain programming replicates itself.
14. What are the initial steps required to get this idea off the ground? (maximum 150 words)
Scientific research into the issue:
- Agree on a ISO standard what brain programming (values etc.) societies must embrace in order for the world to survive and be a good place to live.
- Experiment with many forms of new learning mechanisms and self-stabilizing social mechanisms that can break the feedback-determined deterioration process of societies.
- Introduce these values etc. into international school system.
15. Describe the optimal outcome should your idea be selected and successfully implemented. How would you measure it? (maximum 150 words)
The world would be a better place to live, as all people would think in better ways and therefore also act in better ways. As the problem is here taken by its root, the positive effects will follow automatically.
Measurement: conformance to the previously “values” ISO standard, when measuring the personality of people worldwide.