This is my personal list of documentation and other web resources for starting with Magento deployment and modifications, including some template modifications.
- Manuals and References
- Magento User Guide. This seems to be the same text as in the for-money PDF / paper version of the user guide, but for free.
- Reference for XML tags in the layout files.
- Reference for variable names for use in transaction e-mail templates.
- Reference of modifying Magento layout XML files.
- How to start Magento module development, incl. understanding its internal code conventions.
- How to create and adapt Magento themes.
- Magento API documentation.
- Magento 188.8.131.52 source cross-reference. This is great for spotting similar-named methods and attributes all over Magento.
- Instructions for specific tasks
- How to delete the footer entry “Help us keep Magento healthy”.
- How to remove the demo shop branding etc..
- How to switch from 3-column to 2-column view on all catalog pages.
- How to create and manage invoices via API.
- Extensions and themes
- List of great free Magento themes.
Leave a Reply